Is lockdown getting to you? Need to keep the children (or yourself) occupied? Get some free activities for you!
Just before Christmas, I made this video for Erewash Borough Council showing you how to make a lantern from a jam jar and a few bits around the home (okay, I am the weird one who thinks having lots cable ties and twist ties is quite normal?)
I hope to bring you some more ‘how-to’ or easy make ideas that I’ve done with schools and community groups, when I can work out ones that will work as a video or step-by-step images, but for now, try this out – mine always go outside to light up the garden in summer, the stickers and glass/permanent marker pens are actually quite long lasting.
Here the link to where they’ll be posted, if you want to bookmark it and come back later: CLICK HERE FOR FREE ACTIVITIES IDEAS
And to make it easy, here’s the information
You will need a cleaned jar, a 30cm cable tie, 40cm garden/twist tie, peel off stickers, permanent marker pens.
- The twist tie handle – fold each end under cable tie, and wrap ends around the twist tie
- Attach cable tie to neck of jar, pull it tight – tug hard on handle before cutting spare cable tie off
- Use peel off stickers to decorate jar
- Colour jar brightly with marker pens
- Pop a battery tea-light or fairy lights inside to make your lantern shine bright!