This week I have been fusing/slumping the glass elements of the piece. First one came out fine. Second one, using a different mould, just a slight bit not worked, so I went back to the first mould. And it did this:
(excuse the dodgy photograph).
Fine you might think, that bubble is cool! Well, yeah it is, I love it, but unless I can reproduce that eight times, I can’t use it. And it won’t be good for engraving on.
My son said “can’t you do them all like that?” to which I replied “not a chance”.
Seems I was wrong. I put another two in last night, one new mould, the other one a used twice before.
And yup, I have more bubbles. This is not good, and I am stumped as to what’s happening. Something on the glass that I haven’t cleaned? Moisture on the glass where I have tried to clean? Or, something is happening to the mould as it’s being re-used? The previously used mould has blown a bigger bubble than the first time mould. But that could just be coincidence.
Not sure what is causing it, but I need to resolve it, and fast!