On this page you will find tutorials, videos, suggestions and links to things you can do for free that I think you might find interesting.
Here’s the first one, in conjunction with Erewash Borough Council, a little seasonal lantern making.
You will need a cleaned jar, a 30cm cable tie, 40cm garden/twist tie, peel off stickers, permanent marker pens.
- The twist tie handle – fold each end under cable tie, and wrap ends around the twist tie
- Attach cable tie to neck of jar, pull it tight – tug hard on handle before cutting spare cable tie off
- Use peel off stickers to decorate jar
- Colour jar brightly with marker pens
- Pop a battery tea-light or fairy lights inside to make your lantern shine bright!