Through the local arts/networking group that I am a part of, a call was put out for someone to help with a stained glass window restoration. The requirement was for a painted roundel, three of the same design to match a fourth original as part of a building restoration project.
I contacted the architect, Doug, to say that whilst I couldn’t do painted windows, there might be something we could do, so we met, he brought me one of the original broken windows, took some clear photographs of another, and off we went.
It took some time and was a steep learning curve, but as well learning a lot about this particular project and the processes involved, it’s given me some ideas to work with in the future.
I believe the original windows are silver stained, which is something I would like to learn how to do, but for now, I did this with some technical wizardry and lots of experimentation!